Guppy
Arowana
Adolfo's catfish
Redtail catfish

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Don't forget Koi. My Godfather is a show Koi breeder and bought a few show quality Koi for around $500 each. They've made lovely Koi and have gotten a lot of money for them, not only selling the offspring at shows but for winning competitions too. They have some beautiful Butterfly Koi. I really want one and they're willing to give a few to me, but with my luck they will be the only fish that I ever kill. XD I enjoy hanging out by the pond with them and hand feeding them. They're so beautiful!! Agh!! I can't stand their prettifulness!!! *squeals in utter joy*

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
We have a Japanese restaurant here in my town with a Koi pond (Koi bred by the owner) and the owner claims he has a couple at home worth more then 10,000 dollars each. He said he only brings the cheap ones ($200.00 to $500.00) to his restaurant pond because the pond is outside and open to the public parking lot 24/7.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Wow!! I would love to meet that guy and his breeding and show stock. That would be a dream come true!! I also noticed that my lfs has one Arrowana at a time. Usually silver and they sell for $80. They are about 5-6 inches in length and they're very healthy and, surprisingly (to me at least), sell extremely quickly. They also sell freshwater Barracudas, also one in stock at a time. They are fun to watch and there was a female that always gobbled up Zebra Danio fry very quickly.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Wow!! I would love to meet that guy and his breeding and show stock. That would be a dream come true!! I also noticed that my lfs has one Arrowana at a time. Usually silver and they sell for $80. They are about 5-6 inches in length and they're very healthy and, surprisingly (to me at least), sell extremely quickly. They also sell freshwater Barracudas, also one in stock at a time. They are fun to watch and there was a female that always gobbled up Zebra Danio fry very quickly.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I think the Koi look really good. I have been wanting to put my pond in for a couple years now. I have started to break ground on one end with the drag box on the tractor and have got most of my pump stuff, filter box, and plumbing rounded up. Then on the other had we are kicking around the idea of making a 4 seasons enclosure so if we do that then I will have a Saltwater pond in stead of FW.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
expensive fish..look up platinum arrowana. not sure anymore, but ordered a 6" one once for the store and cost 150, sold for 300$ (talk about mark ups...theyre horrid)

i would love to do a pond...but were looking at houses in country and i wont pay much for a fish to get eaten by whatever lol

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I kind of worry about the armadillos getting into my future pond. It would be inside of the dog fence anyhow but, sometimes I see where small ones have gotten through and dug holes at night when the dogs where inside. One of the local Cops about a mile down the road has a pond, he says he does not have any issues with his Goldfish or Koi getting eaten but he is not in an area as wild as where I am either. Anyway, one of these days it will get built and I will then know for sure.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
There are other things to worry about with an outdoor pond. Two of our neighbors have large ponds and an eagle has cleaned out both of them - including the ducks that came in. Herons have also been a problem. I had garter snakes eat my gold fish. I am not sure what to do about some predators. You can't shoot them and they found that even loud noise from some very big guns didn't phase the eagle. The snakes were impossible. Husband would catch them and remove them from our lawn but they always came back. Raccoons can be a problem also - not only can they be hard on fish, they damage cats and dogs and fences don't seem to matter - our yard is fenced in completely. I don't know about possums and fish, but they certainly have the teeth.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
put trees around it that grow over it and make it deep enough and you wont have to worry bout birds..cept the ones that chill in water

hmm...armadillos eat fish? never seen one. around here we have cougars, coyotes, bears, dumb kids, foxes, tooons of coons. you can walk right up to one eating on the bird feeder and mama coon just sits there :) her babys hissed but she just ate haha

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
aw jealous! i want land.

skunks and coons carry rabies generally. big deal. i have cooties. rats carried the black death. mammals are all pretty nasty..o and mosquitoes carry HIV and malaria lol. cant hate them all or dislike them for what they may carry. cept mosquitos..nasty buggers.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
blah...had a turantula throw hairs when i was holding her, she was stressed from shipping and an idiot decided to sneak up on me and scare me...ouch. lol. i dont mind spiders that much though....i grew up on a farm with brown recluse haunting the basement that was full of cobwebs ect...breeding grounds lol.

Most Expensive Aquarium Fish

makes me wanna get an arrowana lol