Elephant Nose Tankmate Inquiries

Kuro

New Fish
Mar 13, 2017
Hello everyone! I'm just gonna get right down to it.

So I've been thinking about getting an Elephant Nose after seeing them appear at my LFS for the first time! I've done some digging and from what I've found, they apparently get along with most peaceful community fish? I was wondering if I could keep them with some type of loaches(most likely dwarf chain, since they're smaller). The reason behind this being that the tank I'm cleaning out, a 20 gallon long, is infested with snails(I left the tank in my family's care when I went on vacation and needless to say, when I came back there was nothing left o': ) I'm aware that the EN will outgrow the 20 gallon tank, and I only plan to keep it in there until it's big enough to be moved to my 55 gallon that currently holds a fire eel(he's still quite small too, will be upgrading when the time is right so don't worry about that).

All that being said, I'm not a complete beginner when it comes to keeping fish, but I'm not exactly an expert either(it's been a little over a year now), so I'd appreciate any and all feedback on this! Thank you!