Eheim filters and equipment

raydobbs

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Edina, MN
www.stf-beyond.com
I've seen the Eheim filteration equipment and various other Eheim products around - and they seem very expensive.  I've also talked to the shop owners and they give me the general impression that these products are the best of the best.  Whats other people's take on them?  Are they truely worth their high price tags?

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i have an eheim 2224 on my 29gallon. I know there is this great debate between fluval and eheim. I personally don't have a fluval so i might be bias. but here's my take on the eheim.

EXCELLENT.

yup. REALLY QUIET and does a great job of keeping the water clear. Also, if you're into planted tanks, there is no surface agitation to dissipate c02.

plus the fact that instead of cleaning the filter often, you can clean it once a month, once every two months and you'll be fine.

finally..i do think they're worth the money. can't go wrong with cannister if you can afford it. they are kinda pricey.

Bombay

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Ray:
I just purchased a Eheim 2026 Pro II and a Magnum 350 Pro (with Bio-Wheel and Gravel Washer).  I've read alot of good things about the Eheims and Magnums.  They are actually on their way, so I don't have them yet.  I got the Magnum for the polishing capability, gravel washer, and Bio-Wheel.  I will hook the output of the Eheim to the Bio-Wheel to agitate the surface and provide good bio-filtering.  I really like the Bio-wheels.  Anyway, I've seen several fish stores running the Eheims.  Also, I've seen them selling for over $100.00 more than what I paid for mine.  To be honest with you, they aren't that much more than the Fluvals if you get'm at a good price...online.  I have also heard some good things...and bad things about the Fluvals.  I've heard that they are somewhat difficult to get a good seal...and that quality is sacrificed for price.  Also, I've heard the Fluvals come with REALLY poor/confusing instructions for setup.  Overall, I would recommend the Fluval if you are tight on cash, the Eheim if you have the little extra to spend...and the Magnum if you are looking for diversity and the water polishing capability.
Hope this helps,
Bombay