dwarfs in a 10 gallon?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
I have recently set up a 10 gal planted tank and I am thinking about moving my 2 dwarf gouramis into it...it is either that or get something else...do you think they will have sufficient space in a 10 gal? Right now it has 7 neon tetras and a CAE in it. The CAE is going away for sure...could I live the neons? or should they go?

Other option is probably a small angel (until he grows up) and something else

Kevin

Oh yeah...any other ideas are welcome...my other tank is a 29 gal

Oct 22, 2002
a male and a female should be fine in there but not two males i havent personaly seen to male drawfs fighting but i hear that it happens. anyways i would leave the neons they will be fine. dont put angels and neons together angels tend to eat the neons. peace

nick

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Yeah...that is weird...I guess I will move the gouramis into the 10 next week...they are both male but they have been living together in the 29 gal for a time without trouble...granted there is less room in a 10 so i will keep an eye on them

Kevin

Oct 22, 2002
I tried 2 male dwarfs in a 10 gallon and it only lasted a couple of days. Not only did they fight all the time but the "dominant" one would never let the "submissive" one eat.

Maybe you will have better luck but watch them close.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Well, I moved them in just now...will be keeping a careful watch on them today and especially at feeding time...will keep you all informed

Current stock is 6 neon tetras and 2 dwarf gouramis

Kevin