Don't flush those dead fish!

Put them to use! If you've got a big chain fish store in your area such as Petco, or PetSmart that has a return policy, you are in luck. Keep your dead fish on ice until you see a simular sized one in the chain store. Then buy its twin and return the frozen fish! Whalla! Free fish for life. By the way don't bother bringing in real tank water to get tested; bring tap water instead! Its sure to read acceptable levels of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate; pH is probably fine too!

Ok, this is another joke. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you have any integrity. :eek: Ok, maybe I've done it once or twice, but only because those chain store fish die so freakin' often, and I can't always get back to the store within the time alotted.

Don't do it! Its bad!:eek: :eek: :eek:

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Oh please, I used to work for such a chain, and trust me, I hated you folk.

Even when the customer clearly killed their fish from stupidity (such as the case when an oscar got the crap beat out of it by a Jack Demsey and the asshole customer still instisted I give him a new oscar to try again with), the manager would always tell me just to give the person another fish simply to make them stop harassing me.

I'm glad I left. People who can be so cruel and heartless to fish don't deserve free ones.
~~Colesea

keprydak

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
TX
www.xanga.com
Yeah you could do that noname... because you don't have to return the fish you got originally for another one of the same kind...

And besides, with me your theory would never work. I actually CHECK the dates on the reciepts :)

YZFR1rider

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2002
Flint, Michigan
Visit site
Really all you have to do is go to Walmart and take any fish that they have that is dead and they don't even ask for a receipt they just will say get your fish or get it for you and they didn't even want to see the dead fish. I couldn't lie to them but the people they hire are just plain worthless what is the point if nobody is ever around to get your fish in the first place. Last time I went there some old lady who said she worked in clothes or something was getting fish for this kid and she just drops 3 fish on the floor and keeps getting more fish and I finally picked 2 up and put them in the tank but the other went under neath the tanks and I couldn't even find it, Now that is worthless.

Matt

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
this is too funny, i would almost use this idea but my fish hardly ever die(no jinx please)but not a bad idea.how about this,only use this when you feel the need to punish your local chain store when you think you got bad service or the staff is undertrained.maybe these chains will get the hint

Amanda

Small Fish
Mar 27, 2003
Ottumwa, Ia
Visit site
My dad used to do that with oscars and catfish that died, where he lives it is an hour at least away from any fishstores, so he would freeze the one, go buy the same kind, and thaw the frozen one out and take it back within the time limit on the new receipt.