Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
at the momet i have in there:
5 angels
1 keyhole cichlid
breeding pair of cockatoo dwarf cichlids
5 red eye tetras
1 bristlenose pleco

the pic shows it when it first started out, so there are only a few fish in te pic

cholula

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
fish.arehere.net
too much gravel...
no background.....
low water level.......
Large plant on right should be in back....

hey, thats just my opinion.... each to their own.

I've had my 55 gallon up over a year now.. .and
its just getting to where I like it...

zimmerlyct

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Northern VA
I really like the tank. It has a natural look to it. BUT, you need top off water and a background. I like that you have alot of gravel. Just don't overfeed, it will cause for alot of problems when you vaccum. NICE TANK!!!!

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
I like the simplicity of the design, and I wouldn't do a background IMO. I find that backgrounds take away from the depth perception of the tank, making the "distance" seem flatter and unappealing to me. To add a bit more intrique to the tank, add a few more plants to the background, staggering them, or a terraced effect (short, light colored plants in front, staggered with tall, dark colored plants in the back), will give the tank a bit more depth and shadowplay.

The slope of the gravel is very dynamic, but does take away from the overall volume of the tank. Perhaps when the water level is topped off, the tank will look "fuller" in volume.

The clay pot does take away from the natural effect. Try creating a cavern out of some more stones. That's just IMO.
I do like the tank.
Don't take anything personally, you did ask.
~~Colesea

lizwinz

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Racine, WI
:D

i like the look of the deep gravel with the rocks it kind of makes it look like a riverbed

i'd lose the clay pot and replace it with somethng more natural looking, add a background (black) and some more plants

i think the large plant looks great in the front like that but i'd also put some more large plants in the background

overall i like it *thumbsup2

--liz:)

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
it look's nice,the gravel seems a bit much though.you could get a few more gallons,or liters depending on where your at,if you removed some of that gravel.i like to run a little low on water so that there is good surface exchange for oyxgen.so that's why i like less gravel.more plants would look nice too.clay pot seems unnessecary cause you have lots of ohter decos.in your tank.very nice though

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I give it a 7. I would say stay away from a background, get rid of the pot, put more cave like things near it. With the left add some java moss and try to attach it to the driftwood. Get rid of the Dracana, like Cloth said it will die. Maybe replace it with a sword of some sort. Other than that i like the idea, the slope makes it look so natural.

Good luck,
Daniel

Hazzamaya

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
THANX

The plant is fine it has been in there for at least 5 months now and it still looks like its photo

I use a
Sony Cyber-shot 3.3Megapixles 6xdigital zoom A Carl Zeiss Vario-sonnar lense with Macro or a 0.5-1.0 metre focus and it has Infolithium memory if that means anything to ya, it also has flash, anti-red-eye, Movie MPEG HQ, it also takes movies by the way.

As to everyone else, THANX FOR THE TIPS!! I have tried it wit' a background but it looks stupid but i have topped up the water and i will look into replacing that pot with a few silocon glued together rock.

The java moss just started to...ummm...I dont know what to call it but there are lots of little java moss' around the tank and the driftwood is COVERED in jave moss "babies".

The pot looks much better now though since it is covered in java moss and algae so it looks alot more natural.

I will probably buy a few tall long thin plants to be in rows along the back i do agree that the top-middle quarter of the tank looks a bit bare so these plants "covering" the back wall would look nice :)

Thanx again for all the tips ;)