Diy Co2

Sn0rKy

Large Fish
Nov 6, 2002
Visit site
<1>
what is the best receipe for diy co2?
<2>
ive seen some diy pictures of the co2 bottles...
it has a 2 liter bottle and on the side it has another bottle..
the 2l bottle has a line that connects to the smaller bottle. another line goes from the smaller bottle to the tank..
is that a good way to do it?
whats the advantage of that?

Oct 22, 2002
Silver Spring, MD
there's a recipe on here i thin it's 1tsp of fleiscmans yeast, halfa bottle of warm water and 2 cups of sugar

i think thats correct i'm just puttin in ingredients by eye now adays but pretty close to the recipe

now i think the second smaller bottle is to help filter out any residue in the co2 produced, i know some ppl have done it wo the second bottle gets white gunk in their air stoneor whatever they use to diffuse it but never hurts to try the second bottle, either that or acts like a bubble counter lol

I actually just put in my DIY CO2 about a week ago and I followed the directions pretty much from here.

I've heard that that second bottle does help collect impurities cause how clean can you really get a 2L bottle of Coke?

what does co2 do?
Plants use it during photosynthesis. The fish in the tank give off CO2 as by product of respiration, but not enough for the plants to thrive. Adding CO2 by this method makes the plants that much more happy.

2 liter bottle
2 packs gelatin
1 cup sugar
1/4 table spoon yeast
1/2 cup water

heat the water for the gelatin, allow to slightly cool.
Add gelatin and sugar to 2 liter. Add heated water. Cap and make sure all sugar and gelatin gets disolved. Put in fridge overnight. the next day, add the yeast and about a half cup of water from the sink.

Once production slows down, the pH can creep up. Once you see bubbles slowing down, start another bottle.

Sn0rKy

Large Fish
Nov 6, 2002
Visit site
ohh.. ok
geletin meaning jello?
how much jello is needed?
should i leave it at night?
if not.. how would i stop it? just plug the tubing out?

luvfishes.. can you take a picture of your diy co2 for me?

Last edited: