Diseased?

R

ronrca

My discus are sick and Im struggling to figure out what it is. First, Im quite sure that they had a gill disease because of the swollen gills and rapid breathing. I cured them with clout and they are breathing better. However, now the eyes are clouding over, tail and fins are frayed and ragged. Slight white fuzzies on the tail but not on all, listlessness. Nothing else visible otherwise. Im thinking that this is some secondary infection of some sort and leaning towards tail and fin rot or bacterical infection of similar sort. I lost two discus already to this disease. At the advanced stages, the discus seem blind or just dont care. They are really scary to look at with their almost white eyes slightly enlarged it seems. The scales seem fine, not spots or anything.

They are currently in the hospital tank, temp 86, ph is around 7.4 but working on it by using r/o slowly.

Anyone with good treatments that have worked, let me know.

Ron, sounds like it started out as flukes.
www.bigheadjedd.com has a great discus forum, with world renowned breeders posting there. It's where I go for discus questions and answers.

Daily waterchanges and some salt added to the Hospital tank could help. Also, LOWERING the temp has been recced for fungal infections, but don't do this until you know what you're dealing with.

Sorry I couldn't help more.......I hate losing fish, but I'd be heartbroken to lose any of my discus.