discus

D

discusaquarium

i only have one of my many on my webpage, but i have PLENTY of discus. I have a few bare tanks for raising discus, and i have one extra 30g tank used for breeding. The one that is on my webpage is my 55 gallon show tank, I plan to redo it soon. New lighting and plants, the whole nine yards. It's not doing so hot so i figured i'll give it another go.
Joe

D

discusaquarium

i have cardinals, angelfish, a lone black moor, etc. my planted tank is loaded with tetras.

D

discusaquarium

actually, it's not as bad as you think. I set up a schedule to where it's one a day all week every week. If i'm out of town - thats when stuff gets...not fun.
Joe

D

discusaquarium

well, yeah thats what my friends say. but its all for the fish. they are happy and healthy and i like keeping it that way.  8)
Joe

D

discusaquarium

i only work for about a half hour each day
i come home from school do it and get it done, then i do my homework and then i have whatever i want to do with my buds from like 3:00 till whenever. it's actually not that bad.  8)
joe

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I know what you meen. Do you go to college ??? I only work on the weekends but I work hard. I work with my dad and I'm still in middle school. Life is good. ;D Where do you work?

D

discusaquarium

no, im 14, im in high school. i work at a lfs around here. life is good. very good.  8)
Joe

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
WOW! I'm 14 too! Cool. I think you live in a residential area though don't you? I live way in the country and it's rally cool. Do whatever you want and stuff. So where do you work? I work on the farm here. ;D

D

discusaquarium

aquarium center www.aquariumcenter.com
really good plants and VERY healthy fish

dork187

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
hello this is my first post
i really like this community and its good to see so many fellow fishfans
i have question about how much to feed my discus
i have one (my first)
its approx 3 inchs long
there is also two cory's in the 18 gallon eclipse with it, i plan on getting another after i have had this one for a month...should be next week
i have made up my own beef heart mix
i try to feed it about 3 times a day
about the size of the nail on your middle finger and about an eighth of an inch thick
he seems to eat it all very rapidly
but im worried about him overeating
will discus over eat if you let them?
he usually finishes all but a few scraps which i clean up as soon as he becomes disinterested
thanks for and suggestions
;D

D

discusaquarium

whatever seems right, just make sure not to over feed. they will eat until they pop, and the beefheart will turn the water to sh*t in no time.