discus

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Can anybody tell me how to set up a discus tank i have a 20 gal that is already cycled.i would like to put in that tank 2 pigeon bloods.So any info would be appreciated ,since i have no idea how to set up a discus aquarium. Any other tank fishies  you would suggest for the tankmaties??????????     ;D ;D ;D

D

discusaquarium

This might help, check out my site, its all about Discus and it might just answer your questions, if not gimme a email..the addy is on the website.
Joe
http://www.geocities.com/discus_aquarium

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
hey joe your website is awesome!!!It has so much info on discus.I can tell you put a lot of time into it.  P.S. Thanks for steering me in the right direction for the discus tank.                      ;D ;D ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I found some discus across the border and they were $40 which is not what I want to pay! Oh well someday....

<><><><><><><><>~~~~~~~~~ï~~~~~~~~~<><><><><><><><>

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I have noticed the smaller they are the more money they cost. At medium size they are the least in this area and at full grown they are really expensive too. So go for a medium one if any. ;D

<><><><><><><><>~~~~~~~~~ƒ~~~~~~~~~<><><><><><><><>

D

discusaquarium

You found nickel size discus? In a store? WOW that must be one fish shop. the only way i have seen nickel size Discus is when i bred mine. They must be committed..keep with that store! The medium sized ones are best anyways, they adapt and will become well accustomed to their owners when they are medium sized. :)

D

discusaquarium

I had a pair that bred three times, they were about 1 1/2 yrs old. They bred about 4 times and 3 times i had fry to deal with. That was about a year ago and since then both have died.

D

discusaquarium

I grew them out to about nickel size and sold all but the ones i wanted - (the fastest growing and best looking ones) maybe for future breeding...:)
joe

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Maybe someday your discus will start breeding like crazy and you need to get some off your hands and you will want to send me some cause you so generous. ;D Probably not though. :)