discus with SAE's

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi all,
I have a 20 gallon tank with 1 juvi discus and 10 neons. This tank is heavily planted with hygro swords,crypts,ferns, etc. The tank has a Power compact light that puts out 55 watts. I also have DIY co2. The tank is dosed with seachem pottasium, and trace elements along with  root tabs. The discus is a healthy little bugger.... but i plan to get another soon. He is fed with frozen bloodworms,flakes, pellets, beefheart,and brine shrimp. The tank has on aquaclear 150 and an aquaclear mini. It is supplied by a 150 watt heater and is kept at about 84F. I do water changes either every other day or daily( depends on schedulue) of about 15-20%. Anyway, i have noticed that i have started to have a hair algae problem when i added my bolbitus heuloditi(sp?). I have been wanting to get an algae eater for this purpose, and a lfs said that he might be able to order one. I was thinking along the lines of a  True SAE. This would only be a temporary home until he cleans up the algae. I was just wondering though, would he harrass the discus? If he would , could i also just go with some algae eating shrimp?

Thanks   :)