Discus Updates/Collection (56k warning)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks guys. Nik you should be jelous. ;)

More pics of the butterflies. This is the one with the most white. What i believe to be a female, its always getting into a scuffle with the other proven female.

Heres the proven female. Love the shape and "reagalness" of her, thats why i take so many pics of her. ;) Shes cleaning the pot in the tank right now actually.

Extra

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Got some more for you to feast your eyes on! Did a nice big water change yesterday and withen hours the fish were looking simply amazing, so i took some shots. Most if not all of these were taken without the flash. No color touch ups what so ever, what you see is what you get. I am very excited about these wild crosses, they are looking awesome.

First is a little blurry.

With flash

Tiger SS. I like the pattern on this one. Got the thick tiger striations up top then its almost a perfect fineline/straight snake pattern below. Then back to the larger more crazy striations.

WB Throwback pair dancing to each other. Female left, male right.

This is what made me take the pictures. This is without a flash just looking at the tank as is. Look how bright this guy is. Also in the picture is some tiger snakes and a small turq from a friend i am nursing back to health. He's a bit thin.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
That's a pretty impressive collection you've got there, Matt...congrats! *thumbsups
Those last couple shots of the white butterfly ones are top-notch...definitely gotta be my favorites out of all the discus in your collection. *SUNSMILE*
BV

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks. The WB's are really nice. Usually the PB strains arn't very favorable but these are very very clean, 0 peppering and have the true WB genes in them. I've always liked white discus and these give me the white plus some color. I have an unproven pair of them thats laid eggs before but nothing beyond that, and another pair forming.

I think the Wild Crosses and Tiger Snakskins are my favorites from my collection.

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
That is my dream fish right there. Only been in the hobby for a year now. But one day I will have discus in my 55 gal. Great pictures Matt. Tina

How many discus do you have and how many tanks are they in?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to update this. Been a long time. Having to deploy to the middle east last year I sold everything. Upon returning a few months ago I started back up with a donation of discus from a great friend and breeder. Since then, i've also purchased 9 new fish to add to my growing collection. So here is my collection as it stands now.

"Mercury" strain.