DISCUS ARE THE BEST

dork187

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
i am totally infatuated with my discus
i really dont understand how anyone can not keep discus? they are such awesome looking fishes.
i get home from work and and its pretty late and the timer is going to turn the lights off soon so i immediately go tot hhe freezer before i even put my bags down and get some snack for them
if i do in enough time they have a full 30-445 mins of eating and cleanup time. they attack the food as soon as it drops below water level. then the big one chasess the little around. while the little one is being chased he sneaks a bite or two fromthe food and continues darting around the tank.
its so damn entertaining
i love my corys too when they swim up and down the heighth of the tank in tandom. its cute but....
the discus shape is so elegant and regal looking. they way they contort their spines and tip their bodies sideways so they can reach in between object

/end rant

::)

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I agree! Discus are amazing! Gotta love the discus!:) Breeding them is amazing, seeing the parents with a whole bunch of little ones grazing from their sides. Who could not love them!?

D

discusaquarium

HAHAHAHHA! i totally agree with everything you all are saying! Discus are truly the king of the aquarium. yes breeding the discus is truly a sight to see, its really neat to watch all the little ones feed off the "discus milk" on their parents skin. they can get a bit pricy at times, but believe me they are sure as heck worth it!

dork187

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
they are expensive
but the benefits far outweigh the cost imho
if you are going to get a great fishtank and take great care of it, i think it deserves a great fish

R

ronrca

I just started with Discus 5 weeks ago and I really love them. I wish that I could have started earlier. They are very peaceful and lovely to watch. I hope that I can get better at Discus keeping as time goes on.

D

discusaquarium

i've had discus for a few years now, and i still love them. i also would like to better my discus keeping, but who doesnt? i need more space before i can do anything

dork187

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
a whole room full of fish tanks sounds like a utopia to me
but i can barely afford to pay rent for one room to sleep in
maybe my roomates will let me turn the living room into a fish room......
nah, i doubt it

R

ronrca

I would love to have a 'fish room'. I dont have the space right now but when our basement becomes free, I already dedicated a bedroom to my fish. The only thing that Im worried about is water changes. I would most likely make a automatic water changer that does all the tanks at once. Where I bought my discus from, he had one. It was really cool.