Disappointing

Mar 3, 2009
I have to say that although Aquarium Guys prices and selection are good, the service has thus far been disappointing. I placed an order for 25 or 30 items exactly seven days ago (to the hour) and still am waiting for the order to be processed let alone shipped. I sent an email inquiring about the delay and received a reply that it takes 2-3 days to process the order. This is my first order with the establishment... I hope that others have had a better start than I.

Mar 3, 2009
Well, on day 8 I sent another email to customer service and, unlike the previous email, they actually looked at my account and saw that a few of the items were unavailable (one item is discontinued but still appears online and available to add to your cart). The offending items were jettisoned from the order and I was advised they could ship the remaining items out "now." So, you'd think based on the circumstances that they'd try to expedite at least the "processing" part and get this stuff shipped out that day.... nope. Day 10, no shipment appearing on the status page. Now that it's the weekend I guess I can expect something to happen on Monday and hopefully receive the items by before the following weekend (a little more that half a month later).
Certainly this is a small point if one has the time and does not have a particular deadline (i.e. birthday) to meet. Based on the comments it's likely that this was a unique case but it does make me think twice about what service would be like with a more complicated problem than merely shipping an order, for example, if an item arrived damaged and needed to be exchanged, etc.... maybe I'd just have to plan for a good two months for something like that. :)
Thanks for the replies.... love the site and forum, very useful and informative.

Aug 3, 2009
I just placed an order with them as well and its now day 4 and nothing. I know it takes 2-3 days to process but my credit card has already been charged. If I don't get anything but Monday I am emailing them.

Aug 6, 2008
I'm sorry to hear about any problems you've had with your order, and would be happy to look into the issue for you. We've had some system issues earlier in the week due to the East Coast's weather insanity, which may have had something to do with it. I just sent out a PM requesting further details.