Depressed Oranda :)

Apr 10, 2005
Vancouver Island BC Canada
Ok so I had my 20 gallon with an Oranda, 6 feeders, and a pl*co... well the feeders came with my very first tank and what a mistake it was to buy them......they grow!! LOL So they went to the pond....

and since they went out over this past weekend, the oranda has just been moping around the tank, snuggling up to the pl*co, when he lets her... I need to get her a friend... so what do you suggest? I don't want to have to keep buying bigger tanks, but considering I have an aqua clear 300 on a 20 gallon tank, I'm sure I can fit in one buddy for her...

what do you think?

Sarah

May 25, 2005
I'm new to Orandas myself. I have had my two in a 29 gl. for several months. However when I go to the LFS and see how large they can get I worry about mine. I have no idea how long it takes them to grow to full size. However long it takes will be when I will need a larger tank.
I can see that the length of the tank is what my problem will be. I'll be watching your thread for other replies. This is a question I need to know also.

Apr 10, 2005
Vancouver Island BC Canada
so Annie got a friend...

We got a lion head oranda (Jack) to be my white capped oranda (Annie)'s friend.... they are happily swimming everywhere together :) and they both snuggle up to the pe*co (Gus)

Annie is much happier now, swims around like mad instead of hiding... they took to each other right away.....