Denther's 10g Tank

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Hey all! As some of you know this is my first tank and I have gotten so much help from many of you. Thanks a million! I've got a few pictures. Let me know what you think!

Aqua Culture 10g Kit from Walmart with Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
Aqua-Tech 5-15 HOB filter
Tetra Whisper Heater 5-15

6 - Neon Tetras
6 - Peppered Cory Cats
1 - Blue Mystery Snail Named "Gonzo"

Plastic Plants from Petsmart/Walmart
Cave formation from Petsmart
All fish from Petsmart

Attachments

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I will be curious how the 2.5g tank works for you - BTW it looks beautiful. Mine is Aqueon and it is a challenge to keep clean. I put a florescent bulb in and that may be the cause of the increased algae. The filter that came with it, did nothing except grow a bed of algae, so I got a little HOB for it and had to remodel the back so the hood would fit, but that didn't stop any algae growth, it just didn't overflow like the other one did. I only leave the light on for short periods of time, the temp is about 76 -77 degrees, but I need to do a thorough clean weekly if I want it to look like I care and cleaning it isn't easy because its small.

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Thanks guys!

@Thyra I have read horror stories about that happening to people before with the same tank. I never had a problem with it until about 3 weeks ago when I checked the filter pad and it was getting slightly green. I tried keeping my light off to no avail and just switched the pad out. It's been running fine since and was running fine before then too. I have a Fluorescent bulb in there as well. I've never had to break it down and do a complete clean. I normally do a 30-40% water change every week. The water has stayed crystal clear and Malcolm seems happy.