dead tank

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
a guy at work told me a horror story about his tank involving his 6 year old girl. he came home from work to find his 30 gallon tank overflowing with foam and all his fish were dead. turns out his daughter thought after washing the dog with mom that the fish needed to be washed as well. she took some dish soap and poured it into the tank. just one more horror story of fish and kids.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
It isn't just kids - a friend told me a story just yesterday about why she no longer had an aquarium. Her grown daughter was cleaning house why she was at work. The daughter decided to completely clean the aquarium. Evidently there were some good size fish in the tank so she took them out and put them in a bucket. The problem was she didn't but any water in the bucket!! The fish did not survive.

Feb 27, 2009
I've helped a friend clean out an aquarium that some 'friends' of hers killed the fish in it. They used the tank (unseen by my friend at the time) to put out the cigarette butts.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
it's kinda like that scene on scary movie where they made the bong out of the fish tank. i wouldn't be suprised if someone had really tried that. the things people do to fish tanks is unreal sometimes. obviously that goes for all pets but with fish it seems more idiotic at times then blatently cruel.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
My kid has dumped entire packages of fish food in his tank so many times... He also likes to try to catch the fish he "likes". Strangely enough his blue crawfish is just gone. Its been three weeks now and nothing.

Aug 28, 2013
Dayton, OH
www.CritFest.com
a guy at work told me a horror story about his tank involving his 6 year old girl. he came home from work to find his 30 gallon tank overflowing with foam and all his fish were dead. turns out his daughter thought after washing the dog with mom that the fish needed to be washed as well. she took some dish soap and poured it into the tank. just one more horror story of fish and kids.
OMG!! Oh... man... I would have to go into my bedroom and cry! This is why it's important to educate children about the care that your fish need, and what's acceptable and what is not... poor guy... that had to really suck.

It isn't just kids - a friend told me a story just yesterday about why she no longer had an aquarium. Her grown daughter was cleaning house why she was at work. The daughter decided to completely clean the aquarium. Evidently there were some good size fish in the tank so she took them out and put them in a bucket. The problem was she didn't but any water in the bucket!! The fish did not survive.

This blew my freakin' mind!! Really... a bucket... without water... *MIND BLOWN*

... I - just can't - wrap my mind around that!

(edit: blarg, can't remove the attachment...)

Attachments

Last edited: