Cycle update

madpad

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Going on week 8. Seems very long maybe I messed something up who knows? I have cut my ammonia back because my nitrites are finally in the 3ppm range.Ammonia is still off the charts,nitrites at 3, and nitrates at 10ppm.Will see if everything will even out.I would really like to get some fish.

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
Madpad I am interested to know if you seeded the filter with established media from another tank?  I did my fishless cycle from scratch and it took 6 weeks.. so 8 weeks isn't THAT bad, assuming you did it from scratch, also (brand new filter, brand new media, brand new tank)

Did you do any water changes during the cycle? did you add Cycle or Stresszyme or any other snakeoil? If you increase your water temperature to the low 90's it will speed up production of the nitrifying bacteria.

Hope this helps :)

madpad

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
penguin 330, no established media, added 2 doses of snake oil, temp is 84. Ill try upping it tonite.I havent touched the filter since I started and I havent done any water changes. I added some water do to loss but did not treat it.