Crazy Sun needie Gold fish

Oct 7, 2009
Mukwonago
I have a relatively new batch of about 6 feeder gold fish in my 175gal tank. There are two gold fish in this group that risk their lives to sit right under the basking light for the Red Ear Slider that is also in the tank. These two fish will go as far as to swim right next to the Red Ear as she sun basks and I mean they are so close they try to eat food off her feet as she tries to sleep....not a good idea if they want to live. My question being WHY?! are they so crazy about sitting in the light. It is not an aquarium light there is no tank lighting other then the basking light. I have two older gold fish that have been in the tank for a few month and I've never seen them sun basking so what’s going on?

THKS for any help

Oct 7, 2009
Mukwonago
Well the two goldfish that where sun needie seem to have been eaten haha. Still I’d like to know why they were doing that if something is missing that they are doing that or the water is not right I’d like to fix it. The waters only two problems are it has algae and its very hard right now working on getting it down.