Crabs?

geKo

Large Fish
Jan 28, 2003
Louisville ky
Fiddlers are easy to keep. Iv had them for over a year and they can live in just about any water condition. They like sand substrate because they can eat tiny particles from it but with rocks its harder.

I feed mine freezed dried blood worms and they have been alive for about a year now... They dont need land but if you supply it they will live longer as i have noticed lolz

Feb 2, 2003
North Dakota
Okay first of all, I have not seen anyone mention the fact that fiddler crabs need some kind of dry land, okay maybe not dyr but they need acsess to air. Like a 10g filled half way with rocks and branches coming out. Many poeple don't now this because pet stores tend to keep there crabs in fully aquatic aquariums. This is bad, they cn live for a certain amout of time under water(maybe a long time) but sooner or later the need to come to the top. Also they need a little salt in there water.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I have found that salt is an important factor with the fidler crabs as I have kept them before with little sucess. About 5 months ago we started a crab only tank, half filled 10 gal, and put just regualr aquarium salt in. That was the first time that I had ever had crabs that had molted. It was cool. Also I belive that two of 5 crabs actualy mated! Of course being my luck, one of the males went nutz and killed off every other crab in the tank. Even females three times his size.

geKo

Large Fish
Jan 28, 2003
Louisville ky
Originally posted by AmazonTankz
Okay first of all, I have not seen anyone mention the fact that fiddler crabs need some kind of dry land, okay maybe not dyr but they need acsess to air. Like a 10g filled half way with rocks and branches coming out. Many poeple don't now this because pet stores tend to keep there crabs in fully aquatic aquariums. This is bad, they cn live for a certain amout of time under water(maybe a long time) but sooner or later the need to come to the top. Also they need a little salt in there water.
Thats what i said.

They dont need land but if you supply it they will live longer as i have noticed lolz
I have had some in the past that lived for about 6 months under water with no air. Maby they would have lived longer but i gave them to my dads friends son.

Supply a way for them to get air or tank them out once a week to have a healthy crab