corys not eating

Oct 22, 2002
I just got these corydoras sterbai a day ago and they havent eaten since i got them they just sit around and move occasionally sometimes levatate up an inch above the gravel for a few minutes.  I can see their bellys look sunken in from not eating. what am i suppose to do.

Oct 22, 2002
i've tried feeding them shrimp pellets(on the container has big picture of a cory panda)that sinks to the bottom and flakes.  One thing also is they don't seem to be as active as a cory platuis..(peppered cory) the same size

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
try changing 20% of the water with slightly cooler water than your tanks...this usually triggered some activity from the cories i had...

it's only been a day, and some fish are like that. they should start acting normal in a couple of days....otherwise check your water for anything wierd.

I am currently stocking 30 corys and if I ever have problems with fussy eaters I try bloodworm, this usually triggers feeding even in wild caught fish.
Are yours wild caught or tank bred?
As for the levetating this usually indicates water problems or old age, I have had corys do this when I have transferred them from one tank to another, and then settle down after a few days. 8)