Cory Eggs.

Originally sent to me by Ryan.

Yesterday I did a water change and added the water a little colder cause it was kinda warmer in there, not this morning I noticed a small patch of about 10 little tiny white spots on the side of the tank and one of my jullii cories is staying right underneath it. It also kinda looks like it has a clear coating on over it. could these be cory eggs? Thanks. I figure you would know!  

Ryan's answer.

Well I'll never know now, they're gone.  I went to your website and looked at the picture of the cory eggs and they looked a whole lot larger than mine were. Mine were maybe the size of a couple of pinpoints. They were extremely small, do you think they could still be eggs? If so how can I get them to try and breed again? Thanks.  

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
No they were maybe 1/2 a pin head, but maybe cause they were younger, I don't know but nothing else in my tank would lay something like that. I only have a pair of angels and they are way to small to breed. Thanks. I might set them up their own 10 gallon tank soon then. ;D *celebratesmiley*

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Mine from my cories were on the side of the glass in two spots. They were clearly bigger than snail eggs.

The corys also stayed near them. I scraped mine into a breeder cage as Tim suggested with a razor. My danios at the time were eatting the eggs.

They were not as small as you describe.

Do you have any snails?

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I have pulled about 3 snails out about a month ago, I used a snail trap and caught a bunch about a month before, could these be left behind snail eggs? They keep hiding in the java moss which makes them hard to get but I havn't seen any lately. Hope not. ;D