confused

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
ok one of my dolphins been freaking out. he hasn't ate in about a week and now he has been swiming real fast in circles and trying to jump out of the tank then he sinks to the bottom and twitches for about a min. then he points toward the bottom of the tank and swims backwards till he gets to the top and then swims full force at the bottom of the tank. I have no idea what is going on and am totally confused. anyone else seen behavior like this?

Last edited:

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
well it's a cichlid, it's solid blue with dark virtical bars and about 7 inches long. and all the paramaters are fine that was one of the first things I checked and all my other fish are just fine. last night when I fed them it looked like it was trying to eat but just couldn't figure out where the food was and basicly tried to suck it in while it was to far away. I realy don't have a clue how else to explaine it. but it don't seem to be getting smaller and still looks well fed. it also hasn't been wigging out as much either. maybe it's coming out of whater the problem was or maybe it's finally about to die I don't know. but it's realy strange.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
well when I said fine I realy ment they were good. ammonia 0ppm nitrites 0ppm nitrates are low. I lost the card but the test comes out yellow which i remember is good and red was bad. and ph is around 7.5.