Co2

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
Ok...I would love to create a heavily planted tank with just a few fish in it.  I know that c02 is very important in this process.  I saw this product in the Pet Warehouse magazine....I cant remember the name of it now.  But it is some kind of deveice that creates good amounts of Co2 in the tank...but with out the bulky tanks, and there is nothing to refill except for some kind of small cartrige.  Does anyone know what Im talking about?  If so...does it work as well?  I believe it cost about 150 dollars as opposed to the 300 of the Co2 tank.  I'll try to find the magazine and get the name of the product.  THANKS!

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i sorta remember seeing that device, but i would advise against it.

i personally have a 10pound c02 tank running on my 29gallon. i don't believe the cost was that much. the tank itself was 115dollars and it'll last a very long time for my 29gallon. then the rest of the cost is the regulator,needlevalve, checkvalve, bubblecounter, and diffuser.

i think there's cheap regulator at harborfreights.com or was that w/o the s at the end. it was about 45 dollars and comes with two gauges.

nothing is as cool as watching all your plants pearl when u add co2!

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Arcab..did you ever use DIY C02? What happened with it?

I went to the LFS they have some pretty plants, well the one tank had no filtration just a ton of plants, it looked like a ton of airpumps were hooked up, cause all the plants had O2 bubbles comming off them. SO cool to see. I debate if I want Mech filtration cause I don't think I will get this effect.

D

discusaquarium

I know exactly what you are talking about, its called "Carbo-Plus" I am planning to buy one soon. here they run about $200 so that's about right. There are no tanks and it runs by using a carbon block, and you can set the amount you want by turning up the dial, to light up lights which show how much is going in. Hope I could help....
Joe
http://www.geocities.com/discus_aquarium

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
My DIY Co2 cost..lets see...about $5. And all the supplies will last for a year.
 On bigger tanks, or if you have the money, a Co2 system would be the best. But I am quite happy with my 2 L bottle.

Been a month and it is still going, I think I will just make a new one in case it runs out soon.