CO2 diffusion

iamcowboy

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2007
Crandall, TX
My CO2 generator is now up and running. I found that my gang valve must have been leaking and removed. Now I've got bubbles. I decided to inject it into the intake of my HOB.

iamcowboy

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2007
Crandall, TX
Well i've been injecting CO2 for 1 week now. So far the only noticeable diffferance is some pearling. Ever since the lighting upgrade, algae is rampant in my tank and java fern is turning black. I will be putting a second bottle of CO2 on today to try and drop the PH some more at the advice of a well respected member of this forum.

Aug 7, 2011
Hi,
I am a newbie here,I was checking the DIY ideas when I came across this one.
For a long time I tried different ways to diffuse the co2 into my tank,here is a thread on a really cool way to do it.
I do it this way in my 20l,and I have thousands of micro bubbles floating around in my tank!
I have only been doing it for a week now,so I can not give any judgements on it,other than to say,the bubbles are really-really small and float all over the tank.

Aug 7, 2011
I can not seem to find my reply to this thread,so I will redo it!
Here is a link to a good way to difuse the co2 into your water(which I forgot in my first reply)
Tiny super efficient CO2 reactor - DIY Aquarium Projects - Aquatic Plant Central
I have been using this in my 20L for only a few days,so I can not make a judgement on it yet.
All I can tell you is,I have thousands of micro bubbles all through my tank,thought I would post here in case anyone would like to try it.