clownfish

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well a few things first. How long has your tank been set up? Clownfish will not automatically host an anemone especially tank/captive bred ones. Ocellaris clowns natural host is a carpet anemone which get to be very very large and are fish eaters. Some will host in other anemones but definitely won't go there automatically, ask me. I have 2 different kinds of anemones in my 75g and it took my small male percula over 18 months just to notice the anemone. Also, I made sure my water parameters were pristine and my tank extremely stable before I even thought about anemones. Even that small little bubble tip/long tip/or god forbid you are looking at a sebae......will grow to the size of a volley ball and sting everything that comes in contact with it. My dime sized long tip is now the size of a dinner plate when extended so unless you have a large tank....forget about it......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
no I would suspect that the coral banded shrimp either molted and you assume he is dead or he died from other causes one of which may be poor acclimation