clown knife, NOT for most aquariums, only the largest will do.

Nov 8, 2004
boston, mass
Visit site
i am a knifefish fanantic and i know clowns need a 230 gallon tank to be comfortable. I used to have one in a 300 gall and he kept alive for around 6 years. I used to feed him a variety of live food. I bought him when he was about the size of my hand and when he died he was bigger then my arm. THey are a great fish if u have enough room. dont torcher these wonderful fish if u dont have room forget it.

Nov 8, 2004
boston, mass
Visit site
Hey CAPSLOCK the clown died when i trusted my friend to take care of him for a week when i went on a buisness trip. My friend un plugged the filter by accident so it wasnt pretty. It happened about a month ago. I put 2 asian gars about 8 inches and a oscar. I thougt about moving my shovel nose catfish from my indoor pond but i didnt know if it was big enough. What do u thinik

Desi

Large Fish
Nov 12, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
i'd love to see a pic of your tank setup; like afull external shot; i can afford a big tank now; but wouldn't know where to keep it.

My biggest tank now fits perfectly into my living room wallunit (1 half is books and dvds, other half is alcohol bar and more dvds; in center my tank), so i'd love to see how you set up your tank knifefishfreak.

i have a knife fish. its like 2 and a half inches. i knew how big they got when i bought it. i bought it when i still had my ten gallon tank. i kind of (accidentally on purpose) forgot to tell my mom how big they got so i could later talk her into helping me buy a bigger tank. i currently have him/her/...it? in a 30 gallon tank with intention of going bigger. i have yet to see it eat but ive had it for like 2 months and its not dead yet so it eats sometime.