Cloudy Water

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
I am doing 25-50% W/C at least every other day. But the water seems cloudy. Is there a cycle going on due to the water changes? I wouldn't think so, but it is weird. The discus are fine, poop a bunch, but fine.

Side note: Having the glass bottom really makes it easy to do the water changes. I hate having poop on the bottom!

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I am doing 25-50% W/C at least every other day. But the water seems cloudy. Is there a cycle going on due to the water changes? I wouldn't think so, but it is weird. The discus are fine, poop a bunch, but fine.

Side note: Having the glass bottom really makes it easy to do the water changes. I hate having poop on the bottom!
Haha you've caught the Discus ADD bug! ;)

What do your parameters look like? How much and what are you feeding? When does it become cloudy? Right after a WC? Some time after a WC? Directly after feeding?

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
I will get exact numbers tonight. Before and after the water change.
I am feeding them 3xs a day. Frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp. I am going off the rule, as much as they can eat in ten minutes. I am doing 50-50 R/O and tap. It just doesn't seem to go away. So before during and after the w/c.
I have a "breeding pair" (not an egg yet) in a 29. That is the worst looking one. The tank has some white sticky paper on all three sides, so hat doesn't help how it looks. And I am running one sponge filter. My 55g has 3 adults and 5 2.5" juvies. They water in there is not as cloudy, but I have a HOB running. As soon as I get a couple more tanks up to heat I am seperateing them. I think I have a pair so they get a tank, I want the juvies to have there own tank, but I don't want the one to be alone, so I am waiting for on to come available here, just as a tank buddy.

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
Nitrites through the roof. I guess I have a cycle going on.

Would it be bad to run them in straigh RO? My water is as hard as it gets and the ph is close to 8. The RO water is 6.4-6.5. I would rather use that, is it ok?