Clinched Fins...HELP!

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
This has happended to my bettas that i kept in jars a couple of times...I moved them to a bare 5 gallon tank, raised the temperature two degrees and added salt everyday for a week. I fed them live foods and bloodworms, they were fine after that.

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
They have been in my 38 gallon guppy tank, in betta dividers.  I moved them to jars this evening with a little bit of meth blue.  Now I gotta treat my guppies as well!   I just got my 40 gallon gourami tank cleared up of ich...now I've got this!!!

FishChick

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Wisconsin
Dumpping a lot of meds. in to a tank is never a good idea.  I feel it cause more problems.  Add salt and do water changes, I have had the best luck with this.  

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
I have just been doing good water changes every day (50%) with just a little meth blue.  One male is recovering nicely....but I am very sad to report that I have lost my Melano Male (his father was an IBC champ) and I lost my Opaque Male (pure G. Lines)  :'(   I still have 2 opaque females from the same line, and the sister to my melano.....they just dont have mate now.  Im very upset over this.  Those were EXPENSIVE and VERY BEAUTIFUL Bettas.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Remeber Franky, you still have to find out why the fish came down with this.
Fluctuating temperature?
New fish addition to tank?
High Nitrates, ammonia, and/or Nitrites??

Remeber, always quarenteen new fish, and if possable sick one. I setup a Hospital, quarinteen tank after I learned my leason the hard way. I got sick of treating my 55gallons and 30 gallons tanks. Now a put new additions in the 10g for 2 weeks.

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=Franky099 link=board=freshwatergeneral&num=987036688&start=0#9 date=04/14/01 at 19:07:47]
I have just been doing good water changes every day (50%) with just a little meth blue.  One male is recovering nicely....but I am very sad to report that I have lost my Melano Male (his father was an IBC champ) and I lost my Opaque Male (pure G. Lines)  :'(   I still have 2 opaque females from the same line, and the sister to my melano.....they just dont have mate now.  Im very upset over this.  Those were EXPENSIVE and VERY BEAUTIFUL Bettas.
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking...how much did you pay for them?