Clean up crew

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ok so i top off with just fresh water? won't that throw off teh salinity? no i did not mark the tank anywhere but i can when i get home. and as far as salt package goes my salt didn't come in one it was just in a bag from my lfs.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
these are some really basic questions...are you sure you are ready for this tank? frankly, i see disaster coming....

salt doesnt evaporate, only h2o, so if you replace evap with SW you are raising the salinity. you do need a mark somewhere on the back (but visible to you) so that you know how much evap there has been and how high to refill

as far as your salt, you will just have to use your hydrometer and fiddle...most salt comes with estimates such as 1cup = 5gallons @ 1.0024

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
well ya know I'm sorry but i think that was kind of harsh to say about me. seriously... ya i aske da question i ask lots of questions cause its the best way to learn and i thought that was the point of this forum. Ya it is a basic question And I'm a begginer so i asked!

Oct 31, 2004
Monterey Park CA
Visit site
.....Your salt is brandless? There have been some problems when people suddenly change the salt for their tank... If you got a brandless one just from your lfs you better ask them what kind it was.... It would probably be better to have gotten Instant Ocean or something... People have experienced tank crashes when switching to a new salt... Also if you plan on getting any fish stick with gobies like neon cleaner, clown, citrus, etc. Before you get any fish I suggest you research a little bit more before anything bad happens. Hope you tank turns out to be a nice thriving nano!!!! *SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Yes, it is really easy to maintain. Its an eclipse system so the water doesnt evaporate that quick. I do a 20 percent water change weekly and clean the pads. The only thing I dislike is the salt creep that comes around the edges. Also with the eclipse lighting I find you can keep mushrooms, zoos, and little leathers.

ninjamini

Small Fish
Dec 28, 2004
Visit site
S.Reef said:
Yes, it is really easy to maintain. Its an eclipse system so the water doesnt evaporate that quick. I do a 20 percent water change weekly and clean the pads. The only thing I dislike is the salt creep that comes around the edges. Also with the eclipse lighting I find you can keep mushrooms, zoos, and little leathers.

I have a eclipse 6. Are you using the bulb that came with it. They have enough light for small mushrooms and zoos but leathers? Did you find a replacment bulb or are using the stock bulb? I have been looking for a 12" floricent replacment but I have failed.

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site