Chinese Algae Eaters

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
Does anyone else have a problem with these guys? I have one who has been harassing the hell out of all my fish, it chases them around and tries to latch onto them! It's stressing the rest of my fish out.

I'm thinking of euthanizing him, but I feel bad because there's nothing physically wrong with him. Is there any way I can fix his behaviour?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Those guys are well known for getting aggressive as they get older and bigger. He will only get worse, there isn't anything I know of that you can do. Don't euthanize a perfectly healthy fish though, call a few fish stores in the area, they'll probably take him in and even give you a store credit for new fish! :)

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
........i had mine breed i had little ones swimming around but they soon dissapeared shortly after and my other fish started to dissapear and my cae just got bigger and bigger and then he died, think he ate to many of my fish =/. he started off calm but then he started harrasing my other fish. i would recomend taking him back. my lfs when i got him said they were calm fish and wouldnt bother my other fish, but that is not the case.