Cherry shrimp not repruducing!

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
Well, its been like 3 or 4 months since I got my red cherry shrimp, but they will not reproduce! I've never seen a berried female yet, and I have at least 3 mature females in there. The water is pretty hard which should benifit them, right? I have a whole bunch of plants, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Should I feed them more often? I put in 2 shrimp pellets every other day, and a algea wafer every 4 days or so (all of which I put in at night). Could my corys be eating babies? I'm stuck, can someone help out?

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
Well, sort of. I saw one female with a bunch of eggs under her legs, but they were spilling out, so I'm just assuming it was because it was her first batch. I just move them to a bigger tank, and I didn't find any in the tank as I stripped it down. I guess I'll just have to wait, thanks for asking though! :)

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
Yeah, thats why I was worried, mine don't breed like rodents. I've only ever seen one with eggs, but they were all white, so I'm assumining they were unfertilized. I'll just give them another month before I really start to worry though.