Check this out....

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
If you cut the .orig.jpg off it works
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p393f9c68539b68391998ca957b3d849b/fd77f055.jpg

Nice betta! I have one similar to him, mine has more irridescents though. *celebratesmiley*

Oct 22, 2002
Ive seen fish like that, but they look like someone took a paintbrush and threw some chocolate all over them.....once I saw a female betta that was pure white except the gill plates which were red, very striking fish it was.

eseow

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Seen white bettas. Very common at my friend's fish wholesale store. Its the black bettas I'm seeking. I have an almost full black with frilled fins at the ends. Still looking for black female betta to breed with him.

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Is that the five gallon hex Eclipse? Looks nice. I don't think it is fish abuse, but personally for my own taste I would add more water to it, but other than that it looks really cool even kinda half full. Perhaps if you had some plants sticking out the top it would like a teterrium (I can never spell that darn word!). I've seen the white bettas before, that looks like a veil-tail from some LFS, but very pretty.

If anybody is really looking for some show quality bettas of the white opaque strain, or looking for melanos (fertile females too), go to BettaTalk.com. Faith has almost every color strain you can imagin, and some beautiful butterflies as well!
~~Colesea