Catfish

Feb 2, 2013
We have a 40 litre tropical tank which contains 4 green tiger, 1 albino tiger & 2 tiger barbs, along with a catfish, it looks similar to the peppered catfish & has a slight greenish tint around the gills. It is a good feeder & keeps the tiger barbs in their place but will you need to keep more than 1 in the aquarium.
Also can you advise as to coldwater catfish as our tropical one is fanscinating to watch.
Thanks.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Sounds like an emerald catfish / emerald cory (although they are not technically corydoras catfish - they still go by that name) - Brochis splendens. My grandmother has 2 of these guys in with guppies.
Second guess is an aneus cory. These guys have less green than emerald cats. Assuming you mean a peppered cory cat shape...

Not sure about a coldwater catfish - sorry.

Feb 2, 2013
Sounds like an emerald catfish / emerald cory (although they are not technically corydoras catfish - they still go by that name) - Brochis splendens. My grandmother has 2 of these guys in with guppies.
Second guess is an aneus cory. These guys have less green than emerald cats. Assuming you mean a peppered cory cat shape...

Not sure about a coldwater catfish - sorry.
Many thanks for your help, it may seem that our fish is infact a peppered corydora but it is funny watching it chase the tiger barbs when they get too pushy.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
when i saw the post just saying catfish i thought it was going to be another story of catfish eating it's tank mates lol. as for cold water cats all i know of are predatory and can get decent in size. flathead and blue cats can get over 100 pounds. channel cats can get into the 30 pound range. there are bullheads that get up to about 10 inches long and a couple pounds. another one is a small one we use for fish bait and those are willow cats. but they have a very potent sting if u are not carefull