can't wait till summer

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
god I can't wait till I can get out fly fishing again and catch some more of these beautiful fish.
100_0087.jpg

100_0088.jpg

100_0089.jpg

100_0090.jpg

anyone else here like to fish?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
nah most were to small to keep. I took those pics in late summer after the big bull bluegills headed for deeper water. and getting them mounted would be to expensive for such small fish. the first is a lil bluegill the second was a warmouth (biggest one I've ever caught) third was a green sunfish and last was a small 5lb carp. only reason I took a pic of him was cause he was the first one I ever caught on a fly not to mention it took half an hour to bring him in on 1.5 lb test line lol.

Are you kidding? Do I like to fish? Heck yes. I spend most days of the Summer being cooked by the sun and cooled by the moon sitting out with my poles. I love fishing. I love eating fish. Fishing is my favorite activity to do outside and keeping fish is my favorite indoor activity. I'll fish for anything, but mostly channel cats. I want the bohemoth that pulled me into the lake last year. I weigh some where arond 285 and him pulling me in is no joke. I want him.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
lol I get the big 10-15lb channels but the ocasional 30+lb flathead when fishing the flatts out on the missisippi. but my pride and joy is fly fishing. something about having that long buggy whip and uber light line. seeing that fly land gently on the surface and either just see it disapear without a ripple or see the water totally explode when a big bass hits. nothing better to me then fly fishing.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
thats a nice gill. say about 7 inches. get about 50 more that size and u got a nice diner. thats the worst part of catching bluegills. takes so many to make a meal

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
I love fishing. Ya'll catch some pretty fish... Most of mine are just catfish :p
Some of these threads make me want to finish my tank building project and get some sunfish....

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
Oh I'm big into catfishing too. I usually just sit on the bank of the mississippi river with some friends and just have a blast catching catfish all day and night long. so don't feel bad about just catching catfish. great fight good eating. nothing wrong with catfish at all.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
second morning in a row pike fishing same results. frozen lures and poles frozen hands but not a single fish lol. but it is a bit early yet to get them. normally mid to late march when they realy start to hit but ice came out early so figured I'd give it a shot. I think I'll wait a month and let the water get into the low 40's.