Canisters

Lilpoot

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
So out of everyone's opinion, who makes the best canister filters, and why.  I currently have a Magnum 350 PRO.  I like it, but I want an Eheim for my next tank.  Are they better for large applications?  Say 150 gallons?

P

[PJ]

glad to see you join the site lilpoot- welcome although I am not qualified to answer your question. some will surely be able to help you for it is a common brand filter.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i personally prefer eheim cannister filters. A few months ago, i was trying to decide between a fluval or the eheim. After reading people's opinions about each (people's opinions are important!) i decided to go with the eheim. I have had no problems with them. They're really really quiet and do a great job of keeping the water clean. Plus the fact that you don't have to clean cannister filters as often.

the eheim i have is a 2224.

hope that helps!

ajfish

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
After hour of intesive research i have drawn to a conclusion that the Ehiem Cannisters are the best. But theres a new cannister on the market, the XP Filstar, which looks pretty promising. Havent had any experience with it yet though, but people still recomend the Eheim over the Xp Filstar.