Can I keep them together?

Oct 22, 2002
Its usually okay, but there is a slight risj of hybrids happening, so you shouldn't keep the fry fomr a tank of this sort.

Plus, the females may store sperm, making things more problematic.

You cna keep distantly related livebeares together though(guppies with sowrdtails platies with mollies) but not the more closely related types(platies with swordtails)

How many fish do you want, what colros do you like....any fin/tail shapes you want....do you wnat other fish?

Then I will be able ot help a little more:)

skamps

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have heard that frequently large Mollys will attack guppies, but smaller ones seem to be okay. I have never personally attempted to keep Mollys and guppies together, so I don't have first hand experience with this.

izabeau

Medium Fish
Mar 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I have 4 female playties ( 2 red, 1 sunset and 1 tri-colour) a male guppy white with yellow fins & tail and 1 small pleco all in a 7 gallon tank and they all get along fine. I have had them for over 2 months and have yet to have a problem.

davros

Medium Fish
Mar 10, 2003
Oklahoma City
Visit site
I have 5 Sunset Wagtail Platies and 2 Dalmation Sailfin Mollies and they get along great. In fact, one of the Dalmations often likes to hang out with the platies. So far I haven't seen any signs of inter breeding.