buy discus online??

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
With discus, it's always better to see what your buying, there are a lot of bad fish out there. I've seen fish that are egged shaped with deformed fins selling for 200$, what a bloody joke.

I suggest you look at discus sites to see what to look for in a good fish...one of these guys might know of a reputable online dealer...but i'd never buy them without looking at them first. :)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I agree the best way to get a discus is not through mail order but from someone you know and to be able to see the fish your getting. Online fish are cheaper but when you do order online you never know what they will send you and once they're there they're there. I would suggest looking at you local fish stores first. Good luck. ;D

D

discusaquarium

yes, i would agree. if you are really interested in buying discus, look for some breeders around you. i have some on my website... http://www.geocities.com/discus_aquarium/breeders.html  
usually LFS's are really over priced - with the breeder you cut out the middle man and pay not too much inflation. :)

if you dont have a breeder around you thats on the site - let me know - i'll try and find one for you.

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Most discus are Way to expensive to be bought on the internet IMO 8) It is always better to see what you are buying before you buy it ;D ;) :) Seeing is believeing in most cases ;) ;D :D :)

Hope the best ,

D
                          Daniel :)