Bunker you're good luck!!!

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
You're good luck man! Was watching TV, got up to go to the bathroom and see this! Their tank is filthy too, i had planned on doing WC's tomorrow....guess this ruins those plans for that tank.

Male AND female have made passes, doesn't look like they are going to be eaten straight away this time. So thats great news, now hopefully they hatch! My next obstacle to climb is making sure the male is fertile and fertilizing the eggs, we shall see. But they are spawning and that means something is right! I'm pumped. I see at least, 100+ eggs now (? guesstimate) and she is still laying while i post this.

I would like to let all the naysayers come forward, this is all being done in a 15gal H tank. *PEACE!* PUSH THE LIMITS! *PEACE!*

I can only give you a teaser right now. ;)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks unfortunately overnight some of the eggs disappeared. There are still a few so i hold hope those will hatch, but its not as many as i had. Not sure what got them, parents or the water or what. Oh well. It could of been they turned white from the male not fertilizing them and they weeded out all of the white ones. I have to wait and see with these current ones. I believe this to be the biggest contributor.

Next time i plan on leaving a light on overnight, maybe they won't be as spooked for freaked out, IF that was the problem. I stood there before bed last night debating whether or not to keep a light on but i couldn't find one that would work (tank lights to bright at night for me lol).

Still, it shows me i have another pair. :D And once that happens its only a matter of time.

Last edited:

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
That is awesome!! Most of mine have turned white. There are a few left. I would think if they all do not turn white after 24 hours that he has the ability to fertilize. Maybe the eggs were not right or he just missed. I have very hard water so that is part of my problem.
Like you said, they will do it again!!

Right on!

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
I think so, at least I hope so, lol. I figured I would give them a few spawns before I tried to "help" out.
I read that whae they start, they could spawn once a week. Have you heard of this?

Chin Up! Still have 10 good ones left

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Its the males like 3-4th batch of eggs though! 2 different partners lol. The female did her job PERFECTLY first batch. She's even fanning the rest that are left. Shes doing a great job. Even takes runs towards me if i come hear the glass. Its the male that needs practice....more practice.

Looks like more and more turn white by the hour. He needs to hurry up and hit puberty. ;)