bully parent

Jun 16, 2011
i have managed to breed convicts for the second time. the first time i bred just pink convicts. this time i've bred a female pink convict and a male grey and black stripped convict. i haven't seen any fries yet but i know they have bred because the male is so aggressive that it killed another convict. but my problem is that he is so aggressive that he's bullying the mom convict and im worried he might kill her too. when i bred them before the mom and dad were working together but not now.

Jun 16, 2011
and also i just noticed this behaviour this morning and i just don't know what to do. do i take the mom out our do i take the dad out. or just leave them cause theres no fries yet.HELP

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
In this situation, I would just separate them because it seems they aren't ready to breed yet. You should probably take out the dad, because hes the one causing the trouble. Give them a month or so and try putting them back together. I'm not really and expert on cichlids, but I'm just using information I've learned about fish in the past. The best thing you can do right now is separate them to prevent injuries.