Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles

May 6, 2016
My tank has been going for over a month now. It's a 10gal with pump and and air stone wall along the back. I also have a heater but my water has been a little on the warm side laity so it have it turned off right now. I have 4 guppies and 4 neon tetras currently in the tank.

I'm currently having an issue with bubbles covering the surface of my water. I had this issue once before (about 3 weeks ago) and had read that sometimes the bubbles can be caused due to your water level being too low. When I raised my water level that seemed to fix it. This time around my water level is fine and I just did a water change yesterday. Yesterday I didn't have bubbles, atleast not like this. Everything I'm reading regarding bubbles on the surface of your tank says water level and water change. I don't want to stress my fish out by doing another water change if it's not necessary. I'm really not sure why i suddenly have all these bubbles or what I need to do to get rid of them.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Bubbles can be from the filter output - water level will change these bubbles.

They can be from happy plants. (Pearling)

They can be from certain fish that build bubble nests (not guppies or neons though).

They can be from extra organic nutrients in the water, causing a film of build up on the water surface that then traps bubbles. Breaking the water surface with your water flow can help in this case, as it will churn the organics back into the water where the filter can remove them, but the better method is to remove the surface scum itself - ie a filter with an overflow intake or siphoning the scum off. I used a cup to skim off the visible surface scum when I had no overflow on a SW tank - worked nicely. Or I have heard that a paper towel set just on the surface and then removed will pick it up.

Any pictures of how the bubbles look?