Brownish White Platty

webgeek

Small Fish
Feb 9, 2011
My new male well-grown Bownish White Platty died this morning. I bought about a week ago along with its Milky White Platty partner and had it with my other black platties. Everything seems to be fine till 3 days ago, this guy started to prefer the hide out. It used to come out when food is dropped but goes to hiding few minutes later.

This morning, i see it come for food, ate few and all of a sudden, began to be straight (head up, tail downward). It tried to jump off the water few times, fell down to the bottom only to re-attempt this again. After 4 - 5 such attempts, it feel down to the bottom of the acq. floor and died. I think this it became old and hence died. Not sure of the reason tho. All other fishes are all fine.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
My Male Red Tuxedo Platy was acting the same way, besides the jumping, and when I came home from school one day, after him being alive in the morning, he was dead on the bottom with no injuries. But I'm proud to say that he is a father now. RIP Scorched.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Thanks Dan!! He wasn't bloated or had any scale problems. He did swim around and he swam fine, he just was acting weird that morning.

RIP Scorched.

For my other 10 gallon tank, I'm looking at a b-e-a-utiful HiFin Platy at Petsmart!!