Breeding guppies, who would make good tankmates?

Dec 28, 2010
San Diego, CA
I have 3 guppies female guppies and 2 are pregnant. I would like to keep some of the babies when they're born while also introducing other types of fish or animals into my aquarium. Currently i have been catching the fry and putting them in a birthing box. I was wondering if african dwarf frogs will eat my fry if i don't catch them in time, and if they will eat my juvenile guppies when i introduce them into the main tank. I would like to get a frog or two if possible and some neon tetras, and maybe a rainbow fish.

I agree with Dylan. But I highly doubt an ADF would be able to catch a fry, I watch my female guppies swim around to catch their fry and rarely succeed and they aren't slow nor blind. BUT like Dylan said, it is a possibility and a risk you'd be taking.

Oh and I think it depends on the hiding you have, I had plenty of species of fish, frogs, shrimp, etc. in one of my tanks when I had some fry in there they did perfect, but they had like 9 species of plants to hide in. So if you have tons of hiding I wouldn't worry AS much, but again still a risk.