Bolivian ram question

kimlee10

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2012
How do these guys act before laying eggs? will they sometimes "rest" on the sand at the bottom, shes still eating, and swimming but "rests" alot. NOT on her side or anything. just with her lower fins tucked in and her tail fin smaller (tucked in) and just hangs out. my water is fine. normal water changes. got her from petco, had stress bars at firrst now is great. been about a month ive had her

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
This is exactly what my rams are doing this week. Two of them created a cavity in the substrate and spent a couple days 'hovering'...now the male is pursuing the female around the tank.
Do you have a pair of rams, or just a female?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
i have had rams twice and they have died every time. they don't seem to feed. they were in with guppies and kooli loaches and were not being chased. but they would just hide in the plants and would not eat. they would act like they were going after the food but would just turn away from it or they would try to grab it but miss a couple times then give up. and i was feeding the same flake as my lfs. not sure what they deal is but they just don't last in ym tank. was hoping they would spawn cause my lfs don't get many in and don't get them in that often. so when they do get them they sell realy quick. they have always been really good to me and was wanting to help them out some. but no such luck. hopefully my flame tails spawn soon. just wish they would give me something for my brichardi and stop using them as oscar and parhana food lol,