blue gouramis

Dec 29, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
Well, I have had my first one for a while now. Thought he may be lonely, not including that I think they are beautiful fish, I wanted to get a female to share HIS tank with. My first attempt at finding a female backfired. He just was not going to share his tank with another male! Big bully that he is. So this one found a home in my wife's 10 gallon. Don't worry, its not going to stay there. So now its back to the drawing board. Went back to the store today, and watched closer at how the gouramis behaved. Watched a "medium" sized one, kind of big in the body, least wise wasn't "slim" like most were. This one swam around a lot, didn't hide...and also did not pick on any of the other gouramis. Anyhow, decided it may possibly be a female. This new one hides most of the time, from the male I have, when it does come out its back to being chased. Trying to look for a pointed dorsal(sp) fin....HAH...before you suggest it, go and look at blue gouramis and pick out males and females. If you can you are doing better than I was. :) So here comes my question. As these are my first real fish, and of course my first gouramis, does this "cat and mouse" game every end? Or do I just have a really mean fish? As of now, there doesn't seem to be any damage done, and if there is a way for me to arrange it, thats how I want to keep it.