Blue bird of death

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
I got hit by my friend today. I ran outside screaming, but a little to late. He(she?) nabbed a 10" koi. What a drag!!! The bird had the gaul to eat my fish on the neighbors roof. I did have time to take a few shots as he enjoyed his snack.my flickr link.

GBH - a set on Flickr

Attachments

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
an easy meal is never passed up, espically in the wild. is there anything you can setup by your pond to scare the birds away since it might go and tell family members about the tasty fish you have and come back for more. do you have anything in pond that the fish can hide under so the birds can't get at them? some nice pics tho and i do feel sorry for your loss, it looked like a nice fish.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
trust me whiskers the only thing u can do to scare a blue harron is to be out there. nothing realy seems to bother them. only thing that seems to bother them for a long time that I have noticed is a shotgun. and no I aint shooting them lol. just send a shot into the air is all. I have issues with them eating the frogs in the ponds leaving me with no good size bull frogs for me to eat. good luck at keeping it away and if u find out a way PLEASE LET ME KNOW lol

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
we had ice cover until last week so I was safe for most of the winter. I use the deluxe pond net for cover. the net isn't cheep but it will keep the heron out. The light weight netting wont stop the GBH. I have changed out some trashed nets.

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
Going to work this morning I saw a really big eagle sunning itself on a lake beach. To bad no camera this morning, oh well. He was all puffed up spreading its wings. Swordtail8 you would have loved it.