Blue Berry Gourami??

Nov 5, 2002
Auburn, CA
I recently bought a gourami that was listed as a "Blue Berry Gourami." It is small . . . only about one inch in length. It is mostly reddish orange with blueish tints on the top of the back from about mid-dorsal fin.

My problem is that I have not been able to find any reference to it on-line. Anyone ever seen this one before??

Oct 22, 2002
is its body shaped like a drawf gourami or a blue gourami? they both have different shaped bodies and all the drawfs are cared for in a similer manner. now if it looks like a blue gourami in shape it will get alot bigger, and it may need additional care in water conditions. but i think its a drawf sounds similer to a sunset drawf or something similer good luck with him and i hope u figure out what he is.

peace

nick

Nov 5, 2002
Auburn, CA
I also have 4 Pearl Gourami and the Blue Berrys are more round in shape and look a little fuller than the Pearls. The Pearls of course are a little more elongated and thin.

The person at my LFS said that they would not get much bigger than the 1 inch size they are now. I would assume that they are some variety of a dwarf but the Blue Dwarfs that I have seen have verticle stripes the Berrys are solid in color with slight shade variations in reds and oranges with the blue coloring I mentioned.

Thanks for your input.

Oct 22, 2002
well do some research on a drawf gouramis they are easy to take care of really. all drawf gouramis are really the same species just differnt color morphs. dont worry about it too much they should be fine in the tank with the pearls the water chemistry will be pretty much the same for both. peace

nick

Nov 5, 2002
Auburn, CA
I just went to another LFS and saw the same fish that I bought under the name "Blue Berry Gourami." In this LFS it was labled as a Dwarf Flame Gourami. While I have a lot of respect for the first LFS I believe that this is the proper name.

Thanks for all of the input. :D

Oct 22, 2002
Blue berry is often used in front of the names of dyed fish......though you cna tell because the colors are "fake" as said

Jst take a look at a "painted glass fish" or a "blueberry tetra"!