Black Wolf fish

Mar 7, 2005
Westchester Il.
Does anybody here know where i can purchase a black wolf fish (Hoplias Macropthalmus) I know they get huge and plan on keeping it in a 240g tank,any help on this is appreciated! thanks.
JimmytheCrud

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Thats a big ole boy! I googled real quick and couldn't find any shops selling one. They seem to be a big food fish, so it could be hard to find one for sale for the aquarium.

Mabey keep an eye out on aquabid. Check with some online vendors who may deal with wild caught species in the same region and for the right price they may could get one for you. Local fish clubs mabey, but unlikley I would think. Good luck in your searches!

And for those who would like to see one but to lazy to google it yourselves, check this link out. ;)

Picture

zombiegrrll

Medium Fish
Apr 26, 2005
nj usa
wolf fish thats a meanie, they take out piranah easy, and get big, i wanted one but nbot apprpiate for my tank it would kill everything, and i also heard you cant put two together one will kill the other, a pet store near me has them and they are always separated , the guy that owns the place can order anything you want if available as a pet. but its in nj. pet paradise