Black Moors and snails

Nov 27, 2009
I have 2 Black Moor goldfish as well as a few other varieties. I want to get a Blue Mystery Snail for the tank, but I am not sure because of problems I've had in the past. When I had just 1 Black Moor, I eventually added some real plants to the tank and apparently, a snail came with them. So, I had this Blue Mystery Snail that grew up to about the size of a nickel and then one day I just found a shell in the bottom of the tank. After a few months, I decided to get a new snail. I went to the pet store and talk to an employee and they told me that black moors eat snails and if I wanted to buy another, I should get a large snail......so I did. A few months later, nothing but a shell floating in the water.

So, considering all that, is it a bad idea to go spend more money on another snail? Or do Black Moors really eat then and buying another would be a waste of time?

I've looked all over the internet for information, but haven't found anything. Any information that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

~Jessica