bit of a debate

Oct 22, 2002
my identical twin sister and i disagree about our tanks (i have a 10 gallon and she has a ten gallon). i prefer live plants and earth tones while she likes "hot" colors. (has anyone else seen a tank with black, midnightblue and hot pink gravel?) well, we both have snails in our tanks and while my pink kissers are keeping my tank virtually snail free she is experiencing an outbreak of sorts and wants to "borrow" my gouramis "for a while" would someone please explalin to her that this is too stressfull for my babies to endure. thank you. :) ::)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Dont move your fish to her tank for that reason. If the water conditions are the same, both of equal PH, Nitrates,Temp, It probebly wouldn't be too bad, but it would be a different envirnment..which would cause some stress.

Don't use snail out, or any other chemical to kill them. It will really stress your fish.Besides we dont want to dump chemicals in our tanks anyway.(except chorine/chlorimine remover)Besides what happens to the snails that die from the chemical?..they rot in the tank, unless you can find all the shells.

She could...get a loach..to eat the snails.
She could...Place food in a small saucer after lights out where the snails may all goto the food then, lift the saucer out, poof , some are out..repeat if needed.

Make sure you look on the glass  for snail eggs and smoosh them if you see them.